Change is good…
…unless you’re frustrated at Facebook for introducing Timeline. But get ready, global Timeline is happening tomorrow, January 26, 2012 whether you like it or not.
I’ve read plenty of complaints from friends. They say Timeline is difficult. And why change a good thing?
Here’s why. Watch the f8 keynote from last September and discover why Facebook is doing what they’re doing.
But to sum it up for you here’s some trivia:
- Over the past few years Facebook was focused on user growth.
- The trend now is toward user engagement. (I guess that’s okay since they boast staggering stats.)
- The first Facebook profile back in 2004 was basically an online record of what you’d say to someone in the first few minutes of meeting them. You’d talk about where you live, where you work, where you go to school and a few tidbits of information about your interests.
- In 2008 Facebook added more robust features for status updates, adding photos, and apps. It was like the next 15 minutes of your conversation with a new found friend.
- With the global launch tomorrow you can share, “All your stories, all your apps, and a new way to express who you are” directly quoted from Mark Zuckerburg, co-creator of Facebook.
Historically, Facebook changes haven’t been well-received. So, be prepared to be confused and frustrated. But get over it. The long awaited global Timeline launch is upon us.
Quick Tip: Clean up any embarrassing or unwanted revealing posts on your profile wall. Timeline will make it easier for your family, co-workers, and friends to see ALL of your posts. Heh.
What I do on Facebook
- I have business cards with my Facebook Cover photo on it. It was free from MOO.
- I post iPhone pictures on Facebook.
- I post my kids’ funny quotes.
- I like and comment on posts to give a little Facebook love my friends.
- I have Facebook apps.
- I RSVP to Facebook Events.
- I’m a member of various Facebook Groups.
What I don’t do on Facebook
- I don’t woohoo sports games play by play. (I haven’t yet but I reserve the right to change my mind.)
- I don’t air my dirty laundry.
I chat with my friend Oscar at Oscarstech and we share here. Join us.
How about you? Are you a Facebook Fan? Or have you jumped ship to Google+?